They say that time is money so if you don’t like wasting money, why would you want to waste time?!
Recent research suggests that few people choose to spend their money on time-saving purchases in daily life despite it being linked to a better work-life balance and improved happiness.
We asked the TWVA team to come up with a list of their best time-saving productivity tips to share with you in the hope that it will help you to reduce stress and enable you to focus on all the tasks you need to complete. So here goes …
- Review your week every Friday. Knowing where you are at will enable you to prepare for the following week.
- Use Pomodoro. This is a method whereby you set a timer for 25 minutes and focus on one task only. You then have a 5-minute rest and repeat (it’s a bit similar to HIIT training if you’re a fitness fan!). This is a great tool to use if you are a procrastinator by nature.
- Integrate household chores into your day.
- Use a password manager. If you’re one to easily forget your passwords then you need one of these! We use LastPass and recommend the software to our clients too.
- Switch off at the weekend. We can’t stress enough how important self-care is and will help you to be more productive.
- Try and switch off from social media by 9pm each evening, or better still – why not have a full day off it once in a while (yes, we know the thought may be terrifying!)?
- Invest in a decent office set up as this will provide you with a mindset to want to work.
- Don’t lose track of personal or family celebrations or occasions. Have a shared calendar in the family so, for example, anniversaries don’t get forgotten!
Keep an eye on TWVA’s Facebook page for our regular videos where we share our most tried and tested top tips!